Quote: "It is not the function of government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error." - Robert Jackson
In the last several decades a new type of law has arisen in our Nation. We have been reassured that its "Intentions" are only for our "Best Interests...." Indeed! These laws are being written for our health, safety, and welfare, and to ensure our continued happiness and success. We are told that such Best Interest Laws are - in fact - a proper function of good government. A function, which other nations currently enjoy!
Best Interest Laws are not only beyond the scope of good government, but they also include a lot more than motorcycle helmets and safety belts nowadays.... Everything from OSHA Safety Rules to your home size, location, style, and choice of materials are already being decided for you. Moreover, most of the ordinances, policies, rules, regulations, and restrictions are totally unnecessary in a Free Market System.
- Every human being comes equipped with two brains ["Left" and "Right"] - standard package.
- Advertising "safety messages" has been continually proven superior to law enforcement in these areas - every time it has been tried.
- Between 80 and 90 percent of all citizens - in every society - are sheep, and will do precisely what you ask of them, when it is deemed a reasonable request.
- Between 10 and 20 percent of all citizens - in every society - are not, and no laws ever devised have changed that basic and underlying nature.
- Business owners have had workplace policies and rules as a condition for employment since before we were a nation.
- The single largest factor in decline in the use of drugs has been Pre-Employment Drug Screening and ongoing Drug Testing By Employers.
- Long before Building Codes - banks wouldn't write a mortgage for homes which were improperly constructed.
- Fixing our ailing infrastructure [courthouses, jails, roads, and bridges].
- Defending our international borders.
- Enforcing necessary and legitimate laws.
- Planning for our common defense.
The notable Edmund Burke of England wrote that, "Abstract Liberty, like other mere abstractions, is not to be found." Had he been born a New Yorker, he'd have said it more like this: "You Know... That's the whole Nut... Really.... Freedom just ain't Freedom without Freedom!"
Without A Doubt, Patrick Henry, said it best: "Is Life so dear, or Peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me Liberty or give me Death!" No matter who says them, no matter which land, these are the sentiments of Real Americans everywhere! It matters not the wisdom of the Tyrant, it matters not the value of the law, the people will always chafe under the whip of Tyranny. What true gains have we, then, so dearly bought?
In matters of Personal and Best Interest, education should suffice. If the facts are clearly well established - and the arguments [in fact] are quite true - most will comply with your logic, no resort to law need ever be used! But, if it is a matter of someone's opinion - and that opinion is not widely shared - it will probably be soon forgotten, as it should be.... Who Cares? If ideas cannot compete in a Free Market - with all of them seeking our favor - Freedom has lost its true meaning... for it has become a mere taste, without any distinctness, or richness of flavor!
Real Americans have no problem with practical and common sense solutions - which promote the health, safety, and well being of other Americans [ourselves included]. However, it is the dictatorial role of government, in promoting them, that creates the true problem! Without "The Freedom To Choose Our Own Destiny, " many of us are simply forced to not comply.... If it means Liberty or Death, then God help me - for surely I'd choose [Ten times out of Ten] to Die! Ever wonder why God only issued us Ten Commandments? Why not a hundred, or a thousand, or more? It is because, with just these Ten [when spiritually and faithfully applied], everything else - just handles itself!